Dear SOP Church Family,
WE ARE RE-OPENING!
We are thanking God for small miracles! On Monday, June 8, Premier Doug Ford announced that places of worship can be opened from Friday, June 12, 2020 and they can open at a 30% capacity. Given this great news, effective Sunday, June 14, 2020, we will be back in our church building! We are taking all necessary and required precautions. Please read our guidelines for opening below.
During the summer months our service schedule will be Sunday Morning worship service at 10:30am and Wednesday evening prayer meetings at 7:30pm. There will be no Kidz Church at this time. We endeavour to continue online videos for our kids on Saturday mornings.
• Please arrive early for service, this makes seating more efficient and less time consuming.
• Upon arriving, a greeter will open the door automatically for you and have sanitizer for you to
• Please use the sanitizer and proceed to the sanctuary entrance.
• We have two sanctuary entrance doors. The first set of doors will be for entering the
sanctuary, the second is for exiting.
• All doors will remain open for the duration of service. There will be arrows indicating this.
• When you reach the sanctuary entrance, an usher will be there to lead you to your section
and row. We will be seating one family per row initially. Once all rows are filled with one family, we will then seat additional families leaving 2 meters between families. Every other row will be blocked off with tape. Please respect our ushers, it’s not an easy task.
• We won’t be formally taking an offering. You are encouraged to still give online as you’ve been doing. Alternatively, there will be an usher as you exit and you can put your offering/ tithes in the offering bag.
• Washrooms will be available, at a limited capacity. You are encouraged to use the washroom before coming to church.
• There will be sanitizer stations in the lobby.
• Masks are highly encouraged.
• If you’re sick, displaying any symptoms or think you may have had contact with COVID-19,
stay home. If you’re elderly, have any other health concerns, this is your decision to make as
to whether you attend. Please maintain physical distance of 2 meters
• We won’t have a traditional altar call, but will be praying in our rows after the preaching.
There’s still power in prayer-no matter where you are!
• After service is over, please remember to keep physical distance, no shaking hands or
hugging, and make your way out of the building.
Our cleaning staff are diligently cleaning and sanitizing our building and will continue to do so between services.
We know children don’t understand fully the idea of physical distancing and will be excited to see their friends. Parents, please be mindful and keep them with you at all times.
During this time of COVID-19 we’ve stepped out of the box and have been amazed by what God has been doing through our church. We’ve live streamed services and reached thousands of people, globally. Because of our reach, we’ve decided to continue to live stream our Sunday morning services.
Please note these guidelines are not to discourage you, but are required to ensure we are able to still keep our church doors open. We don’t want to lose this privilege. Thank you for understanding! We are excited to be opening our doors again and are looking forward to worshipping TOGETHER with you all!
See you Sunday!